Saturday, September 25, 2021

Favorites: Pies

 Our five favorite pie recipes.  Pie is Ken's favorite dessert.  Here are five our favorites.

Apple Pie:  Ken's all-time favorite.  Always serve it with vanilla ice cream.  You can also add my caramel sauce.


Hungry Hintons: Perfect Apple Pie

2. Pecan Pie:  I actually have two recipes for pecan pie.  We have never been able to decide which is the best.  One Thanksgiving, I made both.  We all tasted both and voted.  It was a tie.  


Hungry Hintons: Southern Pecan Pie

Hungry Hintons: Dear Abby's Pecan Pie

3.  German Chocolate Pie:  I love this recipe that I came up with myself.  It is my favorite kind of pie.  Man, I wish I had a piece right now.  


Hungry Hintons: German Chocolate Pie- Oh my!

4.  Key  Lime Pie:  For many, many years this pie has been part of our Thanksgiving.  From the time they were young, all of the girls could make it.  It is a no-bake pie.


Hungry Hintons: Key Lime Pie

5. Lemon Meringue:  Ken has always loved lemon meringue pie.


Hungry Hintons: Lemon Meringue Pie

Honorable mention:  I'm sneaky like that.  Blueberry Pie:  It is actually one our very favorites, but I haven't got the balance just right yet.  Sometimes it turns out a little too runny.  That's what bumped it out of top five.  But I will keep trying until I get it perfect and adjust the recipe on here.


Hungry Hintons: Blueberry Pie

No comments: