Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Favorites: Soups

 We make soup about once a week in the cooler months.  We have some delicious recipes.  It was really difficult to come up with a top five.  One problem is that Ken's top five and my top five are completely different.  So, I present a combination of his and mine.

l.  Halloween Soup:  I have been making Halloween soup on Halloween every year for years and years.  It is our tradition.  It is a hamburger/ vegetable soup and is delicious.


Hungry Hintons: Halloween Soup

2. Autumn Chicken Stew:  This is a fairly recent addition to our soup repertoire- maybe four years ago.  We both love this one.  I make a double batch and share half with someone in need.


Hungry Hintons: Autumn Chicken Stew

3. Vegetable Chowder:  This is Ken's all-time favorite soup. This was one of the first recipes I posted on this blog.  It is labor intensive, but now he is retired, he helps make it from start to finish.  


Hungry Hintons: Vegetable Chowder

4, Zupa Toscano:  This is Ken's other favorite soup.  Luckily, it is easier to make than Vegetable Chowder.  He is always so happy when I make this.  Our local Harmon's grocery store makes the best sausage.  It is the key ingredient.


Hungry Hintons: Zuppa Toscana, (Copycat Olive Garden recipe)

5.  Oh, which one do I post for 5?  This is hard.  I think I'll go with Bean with Bacon Soup.  I love this soup, but actually I make bean with ham because I like it better.  


Hungry Hintons: Bean with Bacon Soup


So, there you have it.  Five OF our favorite soups.

1 comment:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Thank you for posting these favorites! It has reminded me of some recipes...we had your thai coconut curry last night...and is giving me ideas for new recipes. We are going to try the bean with ham soup. Yay.