Thursday, September 2, 2021

Favorites: Cakes

I guess I will start the favorites posts with our five favorite cakes.  What was I thinking that I could narrow it down to five in any of these categories?  This is really difficult.  But these are five our favorite cakes:  

Patty's Applesauce Cake:  So delicious.   The panache frosting makes it !

 Hungry Hintons: Patty's Applesauce Cake


Pumpkin Pie Cake:  I will never forget the first time I tasted this.  I thought it was amazing.  I have tried many recipes for it since.  This is my favorite.

Hungry Hintons: Pumpkin Pie Cake


Patty's Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake:  Yes, it's the same Patty- my sister.  The picture shows it with frosting, but I never frost it now.  This is the one I make the most because it is so easy and fast and good.  Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Hungry Hintons: Patty's Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake


The Ultimate Carrot Cake:  When it says ultimate, it is well named.  Man, this is good.

Hungry Hintons: The Ultimate Carrot Cake


Lemon Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting:  I make this one to take to parties and gatherings often.  It always gets rave reviews.  The secret is in the frosting.  

Hungry Hintons: Lemon Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting



No comments: