Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Veggies and Noodles

My friend, Meredith shared this delicious, simple recipe with me.  I will be making this a lot.
Veggies and Noodles
2 T. olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced or mashed
Veggies of choice.  The original recipe suggested:
4 green onions, chopped (I used 1 onion, chopped)
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 cup snap peas
I used what I had in the fridge: broccoli, asparagus, carrots, onion, and wished I had had mushrooms.  Summer squash would be good, too.  Can't go wrong!

Sauce:
2 T. brown sugar (I used more like 1/4 cup)
3 T. soy sauce (I used more of that,too)

9 oz. rice noodles (I used angel hair pasta and will again.  It was delicious), cooked

As you can see, I made this recipe my own, as can you.

Heat the oil in a skillet.  Add the garlic and other vegetables and saute until the veggies are soft.  Add the brown sugar and soy sauce and mix well.  Then add the cooked noodles.  Stir until mixed well.  Garnish with chopped green onion.



1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

This sounds so good, I need to try it!